Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas Festivities 2014 {Advent Calendar}

This was an extremely fun and exhausting holiday season! We got to do a lot of exciting things and some we just didn't get to. I made Evan Lilly an advent calendar. I thought this would be a fun way to take in the holiday time and appreciate each day. It always goes so fast and I thought we would make the most of it by having a little activity to do each day. Well........ Let's just say..... some we got to and others we did not. I definitely want to try this again next year when Evan might hold me a little more accountable for it. I found a template for the cards online and I hand wrote our activities on each card. I found the cute little clothes pins at Hancock Fabrics and attached the cards to red organza ribbon using the clips. I am also working on my chalkboard art....what do you think?!?!


I actually made the calendar when we returned from our Thanksgiving vacation so I added a little humor to the first two days since we could definitely check these activities off!

Here are some of the activities we DID get to ;-) ...... Evan absolutely loved the Christmas play dough and it was super easy to make. I found the buttons at Hobby Lobby and she had a blast decorating her trees over and over and over!

One evening we went to Mexican for dinner and made it to Starry Nights! During the drive through the lights Evan started to get a little sleepy but she got her second wind at Mistletoe Village! She got to visit a petting zoo, play in fake snow, dance, and have her very first pony ride.






I found a huge coloring book with activities and stickers from the Dollar Tree. This was a BIG hit!



After Christmas, we went to the Peabody hotel to see the ducks and take pictures in front of their beautiful Christmas tree with our friends, Rachel and Evie. This was actually a last minute plan and I was very excited my parents were in town to be a part. This will definitely go on our advent calendar for 2015. The girls had a blast and this was actually my FIRST time to see the ducks march too! If you have never seen it, I highly recommend going! We had so much fun!







I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! I am going to try and wrap up our Christmas in 2 more posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment