Thursday, October 9, 2014

Nice to be back!!! Part 1

Oh my goodness! It is so nice to be back! I miss my blogging world! This is pretty much a throwback Thursday to get caught up with everything that has happened in life since my last post. This will be part 1 and I'll post part 2 with a picture recap :) After our trip to NOLA we were busy, busy, busy!! We had an awesome weekend in Pick Wick with our friends, Justin and Crissy to celebrate Crissy's birthday.

When we returned from the lake there was still a little bit of summer left so there was lots of playtime with E, and then I went back to the classroom for three weeks!!! I filled in for a teacher's maternity leave. I enjoyed getting to experience the excitement of the first few weeks of school! After returning to the classroom, it made me feel even more grateful for my current part time position as a reading tutor. In those three weeks we (Chris and myself) decided working full time is not what's best for our family. However, staying home full time is just as challenging. This is why I am so grateful for the time I have with Evan and the time I have at work. I think you mamas out there who work full time out of the home or as a SAHM absolutely rock! The balance I have found definitely works best for us. I am so appreciative God made this job available just for me and had it planned long before I even knew what I was going to do after having E.

After returning to my job for only a few weeks, it was already time for vacation!!! Last week we returned after a fabulous vacation in Seaside with our friends! The week in Seaside was very relaxing and lots of fun. This was our second year going with our "second family" and it's always sad when it comes to an end. It's also hard to be at the beach without my family and now we get to look forward to seeing them in Naples at Thanksgiving. We are very blessed to be able to visit the beach so often, considering we are in Tennessee!!

We returned on Saturday and on Monday I was in a accident that rocked my world. One day I will find the courage to talk about it but right now I am not ready. I only wanted to post about it because I want to shout to the world how GREAT our GOD is! He put people in very specific spots during this traumatic experience for very specific reasons. My family was not injured in the event, but my eyes and heart were awakened! During this terrible time I thanked God for his protection and the physical angels he sent to me. I have continued to pray about what happened and find myself growing closer to Him. It is so easy to get caught up in everyday life and not set aside time to sit and be still with God. I understand how important this time is and how it is NEEDED! I don't want to turn to God in quiet time only when I need Him. Instead I want to spend time with Him daily to get to know my Father, understand His love, and lead the life He wants me to.

Thanks for stopping by and reading about my family's recent adventures. If you take anything away from this post (if you made it this far to the end:) Know you are loved by an incredible God! I highlighted this scripture in my Bible today-

1 Corinthians 15:10-11
But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me- and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace. So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for all preach the same message you have already believed.

I want to make God a priority and spend time with Him so He will "work through me by his grace."



No comments:

Post a Comment